Wednesday, March 05, 2008

PLATTER

the girls who
watched me
feed the cat at
last night’s
dinner said hello again
today as I
stepped from my hut they made
small talk of acorns &
seafoam -- & coconuts &
feeding the cat – their
dad’s booming voice then screamed
loud behind a palm tree said
“come here right now” it sent
shivers down our spines – I’ll bet
he told them don’t talk to
strangers – especially with
red hair and tattoos – he probably told
the girls I would chop them up in
pieces and hurl their remains in
the sea – how

sad that the world is so
paranoid – how sad that it’s
frequently justified.

-Ryn Gargulinski

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I completely agree with you. I try to look at your blog from time to time because you always have interesting photos. I really like that you're writing now, I love your thought process. See you around the cop shop =)

--Alexis Huicochea ... you know, that girl from the Star

Ryn Gargulinski said...

Why, thank you! Glad you're checking out the blog and enjoying it! You can also see how cop shop thoughts, such as chopping up children, cascades into my poetry. See you cop shopping!