Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Going Down On A Horse”

by Andrew Ulanowski

So there we were
Sitting on the grass
In Griffith Park.
You were beautiful
And I was a boy
With drool on my chin.
Our horses were tied over there
While we got stoned on the grass
At the top of a hill.
I could have said
“Kathy, will you be my girl”
Or (equally dorky and trite)
“I really, really like you”
But,
As I looked down the slope
I thought of us riding,
No, galloping
Like lovers in a movie
Down that green sward
And I said instead
“Kathy, there’s nothing I like
Better than . . .


Read more Ulanowski poetry under his pen name Raul Aqua at Scribd.com/Raul Aqua

Submit poems of your own at Scribd.com.

1 comment:

Joel said...

i gotta say "Raul Aqua" is a pretty sick pen name.

- joel
thechickenstewindiereview.blogspot.com